DeKalb County Eastern Mental Health and Wellness Support
DeKalb County Eastern wants to ensure students and their families have the tools they need to support various mental health issues. This is why there are three different options for Mental Health and Wellness Support. Some common mental health and wellness concerns include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Family Relationship Problems
- Social Interaction Problems
- School/Work Problems
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Use
NORTHEASTERN CENTER SCHOOL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (SAP)
Northeastern Center provides two free counseling sessions to all students and staff of the DeKalb Eastern School District.
- To participate in the School Assistance program you do not have to be a client of Northeastern Center.
- There is no deductible, co-pay or preauthorization required to access the free sessions.
- It takes just a single phone call to set up an appointment.
- Sessions may be completed at your local Northeastern Center office or at your school.
- Services are performed by a master level therapist and are confidential and private.
- Initial counseling session will be scheduled within five working days.
To schedule a free appointment or for more information
Call (260) 925-2453, 8:00 am—5:00 pm*
*After school and evening appointments available
MEET WITH OUR NORTHEASTERN CENTER IN-HOUSE CASEWORKER:
DeKalb County Eastern School District has continued the partnership with the Northeastern Center to allow students to have access to an in-house mental health caseworker. Students from all 3 schools can receive support for anxiety and depression as well as learn coping strategies and techniques without the barriers of cost, transportation and scheduling. The program is also available to support parents. Any staff member can refer a student or parent to the program by reaching out to the Guidance Department or the principal at each school. Please contact your school for more detailed information and guidance.
BOWEN CENTER PROGRAM
The Bowen Center offers a program that is specific to employees and students. Visit the following websites to learn more about your FREE Bowen Center session:
The Bowen Student Assistance Program (SAP) bowencenter.org/student-assistance
The Bowen Employee Assistance Program (EAP) bowencenter.org/employee-assistance